Monday 3 June 2013

Dear Dad ~ Our Holiday to China

For Father's Day, the Daddy Matters Group posted a writing challenge for us to imagine what our kids might really say to us if they were to write a letter to their father. This is what I imagine Miley might say to me about our recent holiday to China.

~~~
Dear Dar-di

Ghnn-Ah! Ghnn-Ah! Ghnn-Ah! (the sound I make when I am Happy!) I really enjoyed the nine days China holiday to Shanghai, Hangzhou and Beijing with you, Mama, Ah-Ma and Tai-Ma! If it wasn't the last minute decision to bring me, the 四代同堂 (four generation) travel wouldn't have happened! I know bringing an 18th month old along meant less freedom but more concerns, less chances for shopping but more things to carry, less photos of you and Mama but more photos of me and us! But hey, I know I brought everyone lots of joy! And for you, the priority boarding on flights and trains which you appreciate most!
四代同堂 (Dar-di, Mama,  Me, Ah-Ma and Tai-Ma) at 万里长城 
Thank you for waking up earlier everyday to cook for me. I love the food especially the macaroni! I also like the porridge you prepared on alternate days but macaroni is still my favorite cos they are chewy like gummies! They taste as good as those that Nai-Nai would cook for me at home in Singapore. Nai-Nai is so smart to had prepared the Ikan Bilis broth and froze them into daily portions it so that you could bring them to cook in the apartments. Yumz....

My favorite macaroni cooked in ikan bilis broth
So yummy..... :P
Speaking of the apartments, I love how spacious they are! You made a great choice for booking us in two-bedroom apartment so that I can play high-and-seek with Ah-Ma and Tai-Mah everyday! Especially love the bath tubs! I miss pom-pom (bath) there!
Squeaky clean me wrapped in an oversized hotel bathrobe
Mama carrying me! 老背少
And Dar-di carries the bag pack!
While Mama carries me most of the time, you were responsible for packing and carrying the huge bag pack everyday that contains all the goodies to pacify me! Among all, what I care most is the iPad! iPad! iPad! I know this is your last resort only if all else fails and you know I would stop crying immediately at the sight of it no matter how cranky I was. Oh and please remember to charge it next time when you bring it out and stop telling me that there is no battery every time I ask for it! I know you can't be that forgetful!

Things in the bag pack:
Container for my lunch, Warmer bag with two bottles of milk, Sun hat, Sunscreen, Fan, Carrier cloth
Water bottles, Diapers, Change of clothes, Diaper changing mat, Sweaters of Dar-di, Mama and me
Maps and itineraries, Tissue paper, Wet tissue, Plastic bag, Hand sanitizer, Mint sweets, Snack container, Recycle bag, Snack bag, iPad!
My Snack Bag: Juice! Raisins! Stickers! Biscuits! Paper and pen for draw draw....
Stickers keeps le me occupied!
I like how you and Mama put in extra effort to dress me up everyday and here are some of my favorites....
le me in a pink samfu with embroidery at the Forbidden City
le me in a red dress with little pink parasol at the Great Wall of China
le me looking stylish at the Peace Hotel in Shanghai
Sorry that I had to take my naps twice a day. So you and mummy had to carry me in your arms while sight seeing. Subconsciously I could hear you begging Mama to take over cos I was too heavy (12kg). LOL! Mama is stronger then you cos she has been training with carrying her own handbags and shopping bags while I know you go to work empty handled. :P

le me Zzzz at the Bund
le me Zzzz at the Forbidden City
le me Zzzz on the cable car to the Great Wall of China
le me Zzzz at the Oriental Pearl Tower
When I'm awake and fully charged, these were my most memorable moments.....
le me saying Hi to the cats in a cafe at 田子 in Shanghai
le me trying local food such as 面茶 in Beijing
le me strolling at the quaint 南锣鼓巷 in Beijing
le me touching the cooling spring water at 灵隐寺 in Hangzhou
le me being photographed by strangers at 万里长城 in Beijing
le me meeting Doraemon at 新天地 in Shanghai
le me enjoying the breeze and captivated by the lights at 外滩 in Shanghai
le me being uncooperative when it comes to phototaking
le me the Queen in da house!
le me bidding goodbye to a fish at a restaurant along the food street at 河坊街 in Hangzhou
le me knowing 嘉南哥哥 (Mama's friend who drove us around Beijing for two days
And of cos, le me playing with the iPad!
Ahhhhh.... it was so much fun! So Dar-di, where are we going next?


Love, 
Your dotter Miley

2 comments:

  1. very nice if we could bring our children for a vacation, I would go there, after full day tour in bali

    ReplyDelete
  2. reminds me of the kid that I never take for vacation, I had this plan, I hope I can get there maybe at the end of august

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...